Principal AWS Engineer
As a Lead AWS Data Engineer within the Data Team, you will be responsible for the implementation, and growth of the AWS cloud infrastructure for my client. You will work with a team of architects and engineers to design, build, and maintain scalable, secure, and reliable AWS solutions. You will also be responsible for providing technical leadership and mentorship to team members.
* Leading member of a team of engineers in the design, implementation, and maintenance of AWS based cloud solutions for Data & Analytics
* Work with architects and other stakeholders to understand business requirements and lead their respective implementation
* Design and implement security and compliance measures for AWS cloud environments
* Develop and implement DevOps practices to automate and streamline the software development and deployment process
* Mentor and train junior engineers on AWS technologies and best practices
* Stay up-to-date on the latest AWS technologies and trends
* 5+ years of experience in AWS (preference to certified professionals as Cloud Data Engineer, Software Development Engineer or Application Architect at associate level or above)
* Strong understanding of AWS core services, including EC2, S3, RDS, Glue Data Quality, Glue Studio, Glue DataBrew, Kinesis, SNS, CloudWatch, EventBridge, Step Functions, Macie and VPC
* Experience with AWS security and compliance best practices
* Experience with DevOps practices and tools
* Experience with Data Solutions for Insights & Analytics and Lakehouse architectures
* Experience in mentoring and training other engineers
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience with AWS serverless computing services, such as Lambda, Glue (with all its suite of services), and Athena
* Experience with AWS code repositories and CI/CD methods namely through the use of AWS CodeCommit, CodePipeline and CodeBuild
* Experience in developing modern data pipelines in the context of an AWS based data lakehouse architecture, with embedded data quality, complex data transformations and validations
* Experience with creating, reading and handling different file formats like JSON, YAML and Parquet in the context of Infrastructure as a Code and Data Lake architectures.
* Proficient in AWS SDK, REST-based API’s and use of containerisation (through ECS or EKS)
This role has been deemed outside IR35 and has a particular focus around knowledge transfer / upskilling of the internal team so will require 1-2 days per week in Bristol.